How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Really? Well, in my divorce I agreed to pay debt on my X

Customer Question

JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Well, in my divorce I agreed to pay debt on my X wife student loans according to the minimum required payments. She wants me to either pay more than is required, refinance it in my name, or pay it off (her pay it off or a third party) and I become her debtor (utah miss)
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: This is all filed and done. She wants to change it or in her words make it more specific
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have access to all of the official documentation, including the memorandum
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  legalgems replied 7 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 7 months ago.

Is there already a decree or order addressing this issue?