Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Loving a jeep in North Dakota, no title, says it came with a

Customer Question
house he bought, was supposed...
Loving a jeep in North Dakota, no title, says it came with a house he bought, was supposed to get power of attorney for the title, never got it, he is tired of the wait so wants to sell, I want it but I need to title it, NDHP judges can't help with lost titles, what can I do?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Buying a jeep
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Don't believe so, it is from Michigan where the home seller lived and died before he could send title
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of any thing
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
1/11/2017
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

The home buyer would need to file a declaratory judgment action and seek a DISTRICT court order asking that the jeep be titled in name. See this law. He will need to join the home seller's estate in the suit. If the home seller's estate does not contest the matter, then the judge will issue an order titling the jeep in the buyer's name. Then, he can sell it to you.

Here is a sample complaint to use as a go-by.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney