How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116711
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a judgement against me, that Im appealing to reopen

Customer Question

i have a judgement against me, that Im appealing to reopen the judgment, the other side has a filed motion to come into where I live with my boyfriend, he rents the property where we live. Can they do that? Come into someones home where I'm a guest?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: PA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No they have acted on the motion yet, i have until the 20th to respond
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a lawyer just wanted to know while they research, not wanting to get anyone else involved in something that I should not be apart of. the judgement was my brothers, but he has nothing?
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they have a judgment against you and they want to come into where you live to seize property, even if you live there with your boyfriend, if that is your residence they can seek to do so. If you are appealing, you need to file a motion to stay the judgment pending your appeal.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Related Legal Questions