How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4188
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am filing Pro Se for Superior Court appeal on a Dangerous

This answer was rated:

I am filing Pro Se for Superior Court appeal on a Dangerous Dog conviction. I was told by the police when this incident first happened that I was not able to receive a copy of the police report due to an ongoing criminal investigation. Now that there is an appeal to the Superior Court and I am defending myself can I request it somehow so I can have the "evidence" that supposedly was stated in there to use for my briefs?

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.


Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You should have been provided a copy of the police report as part of the discovery process during the trial portion of this matter. The denial of the record, when properly requested, may be a another basis for your appeal to Superior Court. In that regard you would assert you were denied "Due Process" by being denied the report you requested.

At this time you may still subpoena the record from the police department - BUT you are in a more difficult position because the Superior Court does not "Hear" new evidence, but rather bases their decision on the record that has already been created. Therefore, it is important to persuade the Superior Court that if they do not correct the lower decision in your favor, that they should at least remand the matter back so that the evidence denied you previously can be considered.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,


Gerald, Esq and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you