Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I am selling my property in florida after living there 10

i am selling my property in florida after living there 10 years. I bought the modular home and property and received a title insurance policy. I am now being told that there are potential liens for impact fees and unpaid utility fees that were incurred in 2002 and 2004 respectively (before I bought the land). Even though there are no liens on the property, the potential is there according to the closing agent. I'm going to have to take the amount out of the closing proceeds. Is this accurate? Don't the Code Enforecment people have a deadline to record these liens?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida, Osceola County.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. The amounts are currently showing as unpaid with Code Enforcement and the Utilities Company.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thanks for the help?

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

These claims likely need to be paid because statutes of limitation do not run against a sovereign.....so these debts don't have to be converted to judgment liens in order to be collectible because the sovereign (city utility) could pursue these debts any time.....and if they're not paid, liens can be placed on the real property, which is what the closing agent is wanting to clear these up so your buyer won't have any issues.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!