How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 13898
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can you revoke your power of attornry, Alabama, I gave

Customer Question

how can you revoke your power of attornry
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: Alabama, I gave it to my brother just in case something happen to me because my child was not of age and he refuse to give it back to me
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not that I know of, my son will be 26 next month
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to take the power of attorney back from him
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 9 months ago.

You can revoke it at any time, so long as you are mentally competent, by either a) executing a new Power of Attorney whereby you appoint someone else, or by giving written notice to your "agent" that you are revoking the Power of Attorney.

I would send the notice certified mail or with tracking so you have proof of delivery. It doesn't have to be formal, something like "I, ***** *****, of My Town, My State, hereby revoke the Power of Attorney I made dated __________, whereby I named _________ as my agent in fact on my behalf."

Dated: __________


Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can not remember the date and my bother want give me the papers
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
if I don't remember the date can I still revoke it
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 9 months ago.

Yes you can.

Then I would leave the date out. I would just say something like "I hereby revoke any and all Power of Attorney I have executed whereby I named ___________ to serve as my agent in fact, effective immediately."

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 9 months ago.