Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

I got a ticket for carpool lane. I dont want my insurance to

Customer Question

I got a ticket for carpool lane. I dont want my insurance to go up. Will the ticket affect me if i just pay it and do i get a bad point on my record? Do i need to go to traffic school?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Sorry?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Do i get a bad point on my record and if i need to go to traffic school
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

For first time offenders who are illegally in the carpool lane [violating CVC 21655.5b], the minimum fine is $481. Wrongful use of the carpool lane is not a moving violation and no points will be assessed to your drivers’ license.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I saw the same info on a website from government