How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19117
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What type of paperwork do I file in San Joaquin County Court

Customer Question

What type of paperwork do I file in San Joaquin County Court when a contractor failed to pay a subcontractor for work that was to be paid off at the sale of a property
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: Explain charges please
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No but the property has sold
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No there's just so many choices I don't know whether we should go about this in small claims court or file a lien but there are so many types of liens
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Iowa's Pharmacy $3,000 bonus at the end of the remodel to the home that would come from the sale of the house the subcontractor at this point has informed me that ownership of the house has been turned over to a relative and that because the sale of the property was much less than they were anticipating or hoping that they don't have the money to pay me as a subcontractor out of the proceeds from the sale
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for last message, did not check talk to text message before sending has nothing to do with an Iowa Pharmacy this is the state of California we have a so-called friend who is a contractor who himself bought a property in San Joaquin County Stockton California as a flip contacted me to do basically an entire remodel on the property with the promise of a $3,000 pay off from the proceeds at the sale of the home home sold for much less than was expected or hoped for the contractor then signed the property over to another family member and sold the property now they have informed me that because the sale of the house was less than they hoped for that there is no money left over to pay me for the remodel , yet I have spent the better part of the last year remodeling the entire interior and part of the exterior of the home by myself. I need to know exactly what type of paperwork to file against the contractor and his uncle who is now or was the property owner prior to the sale of the house or what is the best action to take in court to collect the $3,000 that is owed to me
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry to read about this.

You need to file a Small Claim against the contractor for the money owed. The Small Claim would be filed at the San Joaquin County Superior Court. Click here for Small Claim forms and instructions.

Goodluck with your case,