How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

N attorney to get a court order to remove your belongs from

Customer Question

n attorney to get a court order to remove your belongs from an ex-girl friend home?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They lived together for 2 years & she got mad at him for emailing someone else. She threw his clothes in the driveway & has told him not to try to get anything else, or she will call the police. There are valuables of his at the property.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He has already had policeman go over to the house when he picked up the clothes thrown in driveway.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify - what are you asking here, exactly? How to find an attorney? Or, what kind of case this would be? Etc.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do we get a court order to be able to get his belongings from ex-girlfriends property. If not by court order how can he get his valuable belongings/
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It does not sound like you are going to give me the answers I need. PLEASE CANCEL THIS SESSION & DO NOT CHARGE MY VISA CARD.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am not satisfied with this procedure.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Oh, I was writing out the answer - sorry this is live. I was quoting from the case that applies - Burlesci v. Petersen, 80 Cal. Rptr. 2d 704 - Cal: Court of Appeal, 1st Appellate Dist., 3rd Div. 1998. I had already posted the answer and was about to hit SEND.
Okay, per your instructions, I will send this to customer service. Good luck!