Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have type II diabetes. Are there extra benefits from

Customer Question
Social Security for this JA: What...
I have type II diabetes. Are there extra benefits from Social Security for this
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: South Carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
1/9/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, no, there are no additional benefits under SS for having type II diabetes. If the diabetes is so severe it prevents you from working you can get disability benefits for not being able to work, like any other disability.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney