Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a concern about automatic renewal contract with

Customer Question
Safehome Security JA: What state are...
I have a concern about automatic renewal contract with Safehome Security
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Alabama
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
1/9/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 1 year ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

what is your concern?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can't afford it right now

alright

do you mean the contract or this question?

which one?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The contract in question

Normally a contract cannot be cancelled for this reason, but the reason you give sometimes will be taken into account by the company which will permit release. You can claim hardship. If company misled you or did not provide service that is yet another reason. If they snuck in a renewal and didnt overtly mention it, you may also use that, and if needed, leverage a possible complaint to the attorney general about deceptive practices.

Lawyer: Joycelaw, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Tina, Lawyer