How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19117
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do i have a case. Met life term insurance refuses to

Customer Question

Do i have a case. Met life long term insurance refuses to reimburse me because the home health coming was not licensed til after I no longer needed them. Their Name is***** I used them approximately 3 months, about $15,000.00 worth. I was deadly sick in the hospital, Kaiser, when they came to my room and of course didn't asked them about a license. Do I have a case against either met life or bless home care
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I'm in Los Angeles California.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I've received refusal letter from met life. I've hounded bless home care since they weren't giving the paper work that met life need and kept telling me they had a license.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Yes, you do have a case against both. The insurance company should pay the bill. However, if the insurance company refuses to pay, then home care agency should "eat" the bill since they should have been licensed before providing services to you. You may also file complaint against the insurer with your Insurance Commissioner.

Best wishes,