Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I got a speeding ticket while traveling through Kansas and I

Customer Question

I got a speeding ticket while traveling through Kansas and I was wondering what my best course of action is.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Kansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I'm not sure how to find out
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I live in Colorado but my plates and ID are from Tennessee
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Are you wanting to contest the ticket?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm not sure if I should or if I can. It's the first ticket I've ever had, though it's pretty hefty, just under 300 dollars. I also will not be able to travel to Kansas for this. I also don't want points taken off of my license, and I'd like to not have to pay the full 300 dollars if at all possible.
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

If you want to contest the ticket, you'd have to appear in court unless you can hire a lawyer in the area where the ticket was issued and try to have him/her work out a deal with the prosecutor to resolve the citation. However, hiring a lawyer to try and resolve the citation would likely cost more than the ticket itself.

Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

Please let know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!