How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42303
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to protect myself from my elderly parent that lives

Customer Question

I need to protect myself from my elderly parent that lives with me
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: FL
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: he was in a rehab and I took him home instead of putting him into a assisted living
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we have been intertwined for so long. I have furniture here that was given to me many many years ago, with no paper trail. now he says its all his and he is taking it back
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

It is possible for you to give 30 days notice and file for eviction.He is a month to month tenant assuming this is your house and may be evicted through the courts.

Notice form

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

More self help

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight and wish you the best.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.