How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31684
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I cant spell the words I need to say can I callJA: What

Customer Question

I cant spell the words I need to say can I call(###) ###-####JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: mo
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I want to know my right if I filed bank rupc and the person holding the house note faied to reafima for the house note, I am staying in the house and not behind on the note but for the past 3 yr. it was cleared in the bank rucpcy
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If you didn't reaffirm the debt for the mortgage and continue making payments, the lender can foreclose on the property and sell the house to pay the debt/mortgage loan balance.

Bankruptcy does not erase just erases the debtor's obligation to pay the debt. So, your mortgage lien remains.....and the lender can foreclose on the property if the loan isn't being paid. However, you are not legally obligated to pay the debt if you were discharged.

Related Legal Questions