Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I live in Tucson, AZ. We have a truck that we sold to our

Customer Question

I live in Tucson, AZ. We have a truck that we sold to our niece, she was supposed to make payments of $200 per month. She has ignored our phone calls and text messages and has not paid in two months. How do we get it back? Can we report it stolen or do we have to pay a company to repossess it? Or do we have to take her to court in order to get it back? At this point I am concerned that if we tell her we want to back she will destroy it.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: AZ. I think the truck is older, like a 1998. We sold it to her for no money down at $2200. She has had it 6 months and only paid $600
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon. Can you provide me a bit more information? Does she now hold the title to the truck? If so, did you put a lien on the truck to secure payments to you? Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my husband went to DMV and put a lien on the title so she could have it in her name to secure insurance. Other than that, we didn't draw up a contract as we should've thinking it's family, etc.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I submitted my husbands #, he's the one who made this deal with her. Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Thank you. I tried to accept your request for a phone call, but received a "payment failure" message. I'm happy to talk by phone or through this thread...just let me know your preference. Thank you!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I reentered the payment info
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Can you request the call again please? Thank you!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It won't let me, but I know it charged me already because it sent me an email. I can call customer service
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Please do that....I'll be waiting and thank you so much for your patience!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I sent them a chat request but apparently no one is available, it being Sunday I guess. If they already charged my card and it says the lawyer has confirmed your phone call request and will call you in a few minutes. I'm not really sure what else to do except to just continue using this method and then I will have to get them to refund me for the phone call tomorrow.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Someone else just picked up the call from just answer, they asked that you not cancel the phone call. I may have additional answers afterwards
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

No worries. Thanks for letting me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok the Lady I spoke to resolve my issue. I will call just answer in order to fix the billing issues that resulted from this. Thank you for your time
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

You're very welcome. :)