How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117333
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Cases that are held in county grand jury courts we need to

Customer Question

cases that are held in county grand jury courts we need to know is the deceased family of a person that was alleged to be murdered by an law enforcement officer has the authority to hire an attorney to have equal time and direct participation as the county attorney prosecutor, and if not how can we say we have any equal rights in these cases when close to 1,000 people are killed in the USA per The Washington Post published in 2016 and The Center for Decease Control verified that number of people as being factual? Jerry Atlansky Program, Truly Reforming Law Enforcement within the nations only law, Oregon Senate Bill 111 Law Enforcement Use of Deadly Physical Force passed in 2002. Contact:**************, **************** We are seeking council for a class action nationwide against the highest ranking law enforcement of all levels from federal to American Native law Enforcement Bureaus. Please reply and make every day terrific! Jerry ********* JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? Customer: Oregon and then nationwide JA: Has anything been filed or reported? Customer: Other than our current law as I cited in Oregon, there is no other filing. JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: That should give you a start to contact us by phone, email or this great on line communication as we are available 24/365 by email with our reply within hours.

Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In a criminal prosecution, only the prosecutor has the authority to prosecute a case. The family of a deceased person cannot participate with an attorney in a criminal trial. If you have a civil claim in the case for wrongful death, then you can hire a civil rights attorney and file a civil suit for the death. However, legally, only the prosecutor and defense attorney participate in a criminal prosecution, no other attorneys are allowed.
If you want your say, then it is through the civil process in wrongful death suits or by public media campaigns.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

The facts are not one county prosecutor in any grand jury court has indicted an on duty law enforcement officer for murder of a public member and is serving/served a 30 years to live sentence. The reasons are the county prosecutors in criminal cases, not civil cases as they are only set up for financial rewards. County prosecutors in criminal cases against officers have a direct conflict of interest as they partner with officers every day building up maximum evidence to find the officer not guilty, as they only give minor evidence in court to find the officer guilty. That is the reason why in this type of trials WE THE PEOPLE, have no chance of Equal Justice which is against the U.S. Constitution and Amendments. Jerry ***********

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your reply

While I may empathize with you, we are not here to argue about the way people want things to be with customers. We can only tell people what the laws are. If you dislike the way the system is set up or you believe the county prosecutor is rigged, you can seek assistance from your state attorney general to step in or to name a special prosecutor, but legally the way the justice system stands now, the deceased family cannot have an attorney represent them to participate in the grand jury or the criminal trial process.

Related Legal Questions