How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31692
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live with my daughter and grand kids. I have a 14 year old

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** with my daughter and grand kids. I have a 14 year old grandaughter who has a friend...male that is 20 years old. He is a good friend of the family. They are like best friends....and my grandson whom is 16. He asked to stay with us for awhile untill he moves in with my daughters fiance which will be soon. His mother is giving us a hard time about his being here. Concerned about the relationship with the two of them. There is nothing going on physically with him. They sleep in seperate rooms. The mother told her counsolor about the situation and they want to invistagate it. Is it wrong? Are we not suppose to allow him to stay with us temporarily. They say we are endangering our grandaughter by him being here. Thanks, ***** ***** for your respnce.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NO.....we live in Michigan.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

If there is no relationship between the two, and if this person is a family friend, then there's nothing inherently illegal or inappropriate about this person staying at your home temporarily.

Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

However, if there is any indication of improper conduct, improper relationship, etc., then it certainly wouldn't be wise.

Why does the child have a counselor?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's not the Child it it the said boys mother who is seeing one. She quoted that her therapest said that it was an indangernent to our grand daughter. Is this true. She may be just making things us....not sure.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can not call because of the fee of 59.00. I am on limited income.
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

Ok. Thanks.

There is nothing inherently wrong about this person living under the same roof as the child. However, if there are any indicators that a relationship or some kind of abuse (sexual or otherwise), it certainly isn't a good idea for him to be there. Otherwise, it likely shouldn't be a legal issue or problem.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank You....That is what we thought as I have been looking into this matter. Thanks again and God bless. Have a great day,
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

No problem and thanks for the question. If you need anything further, please let me know. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This has been benificial for me. You answered in a timely manner and with high ratings. Thank you for your asistance that has helped me out a lot. Thumbs up!
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

I'm glad to help! Thanks for allowing me to assist.

There should be a star rating you can issue on your page. If can do that, it will process the positive rating. Thanks again!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Why did you charge me extra funds and take it out of my account. I told you I live on limited income....Social security Disability. I don't have the funds for this. Please reinverse this charge. It may cause me an overdraft fee of 39.00.
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

We experts aren't in charge of billing and actually don't have access to I didn't personally charge you anything. You can contact customer service and address any billing issue you have. They are very helpful.

Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

In order for me to be paid for my time, you must positively rate the conversation....if you don't, I'm not paid.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You have answered my question efficiently and in a timely matter. Your response was quick and very helpful. Excellent rateing. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Question....How do I contacr cundtomer service? Number please.......