How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116740
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got divorce in 2013 and i have parenting time set up with

Customer Question

i got divorce in 2013 and i have parenting time set up with my ex husband but he never does this time and he lives in another state now and so do i, i want to modify his parenting time but my divorce was out of arizona and now i live in colorada i was wondering if you could tell me if i have to file to modify in arizona or if i can do it in colorado
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: the divorce was in arizona but i live in colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You will need to modify the visitation/parenting time order in the state where it was issued. If the father is not doing his parenting time and is not seeking to see the child, you do risk stirring him up and making him start trying to do his time again, so be aware of that. You do have to file in the state where the parenting plan was entered and you can argue the time needs to be reduced because of his lack of effort in trying to see the child.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.