Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Just bought a home in the contract nothing was said about

Customer Question

Just bought a home in the contract nothing was said about water softener system one day prior to closing he has a contractor come out and take it stating it was his because he still owed money on it i was not happy then he had promised to sod front yard and paint two bathrooms neither of witch got done we had moved in to the home prior to closing apx. 16 days no contract signed about a lease back day before cloing my agent says ok so you owe $70 a day for rent back i told him I will paY THE RENT BACK AS SOON AS HE DOES THE PAINTING do I rerally owe the money or call ity a wash he screwed me so turn around is fair play
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ready
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: nope
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Was there anything in the written contact about the water softener?

.

Or the sod and painting?

.

Was there an agreed on amount for a leaseback for a certain number of days?

.

.

thanks