Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My daughter and I were on a deck on July 21 in, Michigan. It

Customer Question

My daughter and I were on a deck on July 21 in Jackson, Michigan. It was a deck connecting the house to the garage. While we were on the deck it fell 12 feet to the ground we dropped to the ground and then thrown onto cement. My daughter suffered bruising and a broken heel. This is heeling but she is still having problems with her foot. I suffered from a bruise over my heart, broken sternum, bruised tailbone, bruised heal and 2 compressed fractures in my back. Right now we are working with the claims adjuster of the insurance company of the home owner of the lake house. If they can not give us the needed amount, we will have to sue. We want all expenses paid, an amount for pain and suffering, and medical money for any treatment needed for my back for further treatment. My back will never be 100%, although it greatly improved. I need advice for a fair amount for my daughter and I for pain and suffering and for further medical care. Thank you very much, Julie
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in Antioch, Tennessee but the accident happened near Jackson, MI.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: They have $2000 per person medical each that they used to pay a few of the bills. I have sent all receipts to them of what we have paid so far. This will not affect the case if we have to sue.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Have you retained local counsel to represent you with this claim?

Has you and your daughter been released from treatment?

Has the insurance co made any offers?