Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

I live in Nasssu County and have a basement apartment that

Customer Question

HELLO. I live in Nasssu County and have a basement apartment that is not rented out. I was served with a violation and went to court. Was told I must remove kitchen which I know is against the law in bathroom. My question is what exactly do I need to remove from kitchen so its not deemed a kitchen. Does everything need to be cleared out or just the removal of certain things. I hope you understand what I'm asking. Thanks
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Correction :Against the law in basement
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I received a violation. Kitchen was there when I bought the house 19 years ago
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 6 months ago.

I'm puzzled by the fact that your code violations are all interior and not visible unless an inspector is admitted to the home by the occupant or the owner. The city, or whoever notified you of the violation should tell you specifically what you need to do. It should be just a matter of removing appliances, toilets sink fixtures etc. and capping off the plumbing.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.