Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I have questions concerning florida condo statues, no, if he

Customer Question

i have questions concerning florida condo statues
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: if he knows fl statues for condo and case law it will be enough
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Can you please restate your question it was cut off, thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
florida statues regarding condo law:: are events sponsored by a committee prevented from paying a fee?
are events involving politics or events where a fee for service is paid prevented by statue? can owners be prevented from holding candidate infomaion meeting in their condo or community areasif proper papers are filled for community areas
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

This would solely fall under the specific rules of the Condo Association and what third parties are charged fee.All unit owners have access to the facilities and if they are the ones reserving the room , etc unless the Association charges owners here then likely there is no charged for anyone sponsored by a committee since the committee is made up of owners who have access.Check your Condo Rules to see what it says.

Florida Condo law just referecnes that each owner or tenant has--

Use the condominium’s common elements, common areas and recreation facilities

together with their invited guests, in accordance with the condominium documents and

properly adopted rules and regulations of the association. Section 718.123, F.S.

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/lsc/documents/CondominiumUORREnglish.pdf

Any charges should be regulated by the membership, and board and rules enacted if there is to be charges here.Absent such rules the Association cannot charge anyone thats an owner or tenant from suing the common areas including meeting rooms, clubhouse, etc.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars when we are done it is always much appreciated.