Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

We have a car title issue, Texas, Well story short,,,my son

Customer Question
We have a car title...
We have a car title issue
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Well long story short,,,my son sold the car to a lady who gave him a bad check, she took the title and obtained a title loan the next day, meanwhile my son alerted police and they advised him to put a hold on the title at DMV so he did that, police then recovered the car and he got it back, but now we need to sell the car but the dmv shows the lady as owner and has a lien on the title, but like i stated we put a hold on the title but someone in dmv screwed up
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/7/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Loren, Attorney

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Have you asked DMV to correct their error, since the title had a hold?

Just to clarify, is the title in your son's name with a lien from the title loan or in the woman's name with a lien?

Tina, Lawyer