Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I just got servived papers for an order to show cause

Customer Question
judgment should not be revived...
i just got servived papers for an order to show cause judgment should not be revived from scott county mo im in kentucky have seizures clearly cant be there at 9 am monday morning im on disabilty can i go to jail can they get my new husbands check thats deposited in an account with both r names my disability dosent go there on a debit card just his check does this is a 633 bill with mine and ex husbands name on it i have seizures due to stress and exs abuse im totally stressed out
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: where im at or where i got papers from
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: what do u mean its not checked warrant summons suspeno garnishment notice its checked other and its called an order to show just cause why judgment should not be revived
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: exs name is ***** ***** too hes in missouri im in kentucky and like i said i dont drive husband works got served at 8;50 pm friday night want me there at 9 am monday clearly i cant be there i dont wanna go to jail i dont have 5 dollars hold on
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
1/7/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Bill Attorney

This is attorney Bill offering assistance.

It seems that the judgment debtor is seeking to enforce the judgment and garnish your salary or bank account ?

What exactly is stated in the order to show cause ?

Have you any defenses to the debt enforcement ?

Do you have a copy of the order that you can submit to me ?

Thanks

Bill

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
im on disabilty have new husband they cant get my disability can they get his check thats put in our join account my disabilty dosent go there just his check taking a pic now

Thanks for your follow up.

In Kentucky the maximum level of garnishment allowed is 25% of your disposable income or 30 times the federal minimum wage rate. There are certaain exceptions to this including the child support arrears.

REMEMBER TO RATE GOOD TO GREAT BEFORE EXITING TODAY

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT

BEST

Attorney Bill

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can i go to jail over this for not appearing i dont drive can they get new husbands chescks that go in checking account??? my disability dosent go there it goes on a debit card state i need to appear in is missouri was served at 9pm clearly i cant be there i dont drive i have seizures he works not very clear pics took several of both
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have seizures due to stress this will put me in the hospital before monday the bills(###) ###-####with intrest
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
should i take my name off checking account where his check goes its not his debt

I will make an offer available to review your documents.

The images sent were not clear.

PLEASE CLICK GOOD TO GREAT AND ACCEPT THE OFFER

THIS ALLOW ME TO GIVE INFORMATION ON THE COURT PLEADINGS

Thanks

Bill

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i dont have any income that goes to checking account and only government can garnish my disabilty LOL i just get 760 dollars

That’s correct I outlined either 25 % of disposable income or income greater than 30 times the federal minimum wage.

I would need to review your documents to provide more information.

Best

Bill

Dear Customer,

This is attorney Bill following up with you on your question .

I would like to know if you require any additional information in relation to your question ?

When finished PLEASE CLICK THE SMILEY RATING FACE

THIS GIVES ME A CREDIT

Thanks

Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer