How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118728
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need an extension to finalize documents for a tax deed

Customer Question

I need an extension to finalize documents for a tax deed what form do i need
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in lake county indiana. i purchased the property from a tax sale and missed the deadline to complete the process.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I call the clerks office and they told me i had to request a new court date but i dont know what fcorm i need to do that.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes i did receive an order directing the auditor of lake county, indiana to issue tax deed but i missed the deadline.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. To request to file the verified petition for the tax deed after the time period has passed, you have to file your Verified Petition for Tax Deed with the court as normal to get the deed PLUS a motion for leave to file the verified petition out of time. You must serve the parties with the verified petition and the leave to file out of time. Then the matter will be set in court for the hearing on the tax deed if the court agrees to allow you to file out of time.

There is no actual preprinted form, you have to actually write the verified petition from scratch with the motion for leave to file out of time.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.