Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I HAVE A SISTER WHO DECEASED IN TENNESSEE AND SHE HAD A

Customer Question

I HAVE A SISTER WHO DECEASED IN TENNESSEE AND SHE HAD A HOUSE. SHE DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE THE
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: HOUSE TO HER HUSBAND. BUT SHE DID NOT LEAVE A WILL. THE HUSBAND HAS ISSUED A SUMMONS TO APPEAR IN COURT. HE WANTS THE HOUSE. WHAT ARE
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NO ONE HAS GONE TO COURT YET WE DONT'S HAVE
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: A DATE OR TIME. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS MY SISTER AND BROTHER CAN TAKE?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for your recent loss...but I do not understand the question. Can you tell me your specific question please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The Tennessee estate law the spouse of the deceased has a right to 40% of her worth. She did not leave a Will. The husband want me and my siblings to give him the house to take over
mortgage, taxes etc. The other option would be to sell the house but he still entitle to 40% I want to know if the house is sold who would have to do so the husband or us and if he sell the house during this period would we have to take care of mortgage, taxes etc or us the siblings?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I AM STILL AT WORK (###) ###-####SO YOU CAN CALL ME THERE.

Looks like your phone call request expired...if you want a call I can send the offer along

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no

I wish you the best