How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31683
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My truck was rear ended on October 15, I've been in contact

Customer Question

My truck was rear ended on October 15, I've been in contact with the other insurance. They offered to fix the damages and recommended a shop that I was not satisfied with so I asked if I could go to another shop, they said yes and now this shop has found more damages adding about $3000 more to repair costs. Now the other insurance is refusing to pay the rates and is demanding that I pay the difference of what they don't want to pay (this is what the body shop has informed me). Since then I've made many attempts to contact the insurance with no success, I feel like I'm suddenly being ignored. What can I do?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: Arizona. 2009 Chevy Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes. I have the accident claim number
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, nothing I can think of at the moment
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If the insurance company for the at-fault driver will not pay you what is required to repair the vehicle, you can contact your insurance company to cover the costs, and your insurance company can go after the other driver's insurance company for the amount in dispute.

Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

Also, if you have to sue, you can seek these costs/expenses from the other driver.