How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4189
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I send some money to claim a winnings and now i am having a

Customer Question

I send some money to claim a winnings and now i am having a big issue trying to get my refund back
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: I had to send the money to 285 UPS Ikeja, Lagos Nigeria 23401 I send it for three days
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Only with the woman that i spoke to about the refund that is giving me the problem
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I believe that is all Thank you
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 9 months ago.


Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

I am very sorry to be the person to tell you this - BUT you have been victimized by these people. They are running a con game and have been doing so for some time. They have scammed you out of your money. It may be very difficult for you to get it back.

Please contact the Attorney General's Office of your state and file a complaint with their Criminal Law division.

Also contact your bank to make sure that your account numbers are secure. D

Do NOT deal with these people any longer - they will be trying to scam you out of more money, and may even pose as law enforcement or bank personnel. do NOT transfer any more money to anyone in regard to this. Neither Law Enforcement nor your bank will ask you to do so.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,


Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 9 months ago.


Please do not feel embarrassed about being taken advantage of. I know that is a normal feeling. The con artist counts on that so that you do not contact law enforcement.

These people are very good at what they do and are very persuasive. It is easy to be misled by them.

I am sincerely ***** ***** that this happened to you. I wish I had a certain way for you to get your money back, but it will be difficult and you will need to rely on law enforcement.

Kind regards,