How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42258
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a south carolina resident who is trying to recover a

Customer Question

I am a south carolina resident who is trying to recover a loan to my nephew who lives in Milwaukee. I have some questions about the small claims process in wisconsin. I'm also trying to determine if I need a lawyer or can handle this myself.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. I've filled out a small claims summons and complaint, but haven't mailed it yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: In the event I win the case are there additional costs to garnish wages in Wisconsin?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Once you get the judgment then yes you have to file a request for a garnishment order and serve it on his employer.So there may be some more filing fees and service on the garnishment order.Seek the judgment and then proceed with enforcement.You can also record it in county deed records in Milwaukee here to cloud any real property he might have.

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Forms you will need to garnish and self help

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best.Thanks again.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
In wisconsin what is the small claims process?
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Sorry let me get that for you.

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

You complete the complaint and file.You would get judgment for what you are owed including filing fees here.Thanks again and good luck.