Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

The property manager I recently hired allowed a new tenant

Customer Question

The property manager I recently hired allowed a new tenant to move in with 2 dogs when I clearly stated no pets. How do I get her out?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet , the property manager is avoiding my calls
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The property is being put up for sale so I am trying to keep the home in good condition.
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Did the lease forbid pets here, if it did its a lease violation.You can send a notice to correct or quit here about the lease violation and evict them if you have too.If the lease here permitted pets all you can do is take it up with the property manager.You would be able to sue them for damages since there is no pet deposit.These are your options depends if the lease allowed them or not as to your remedies and who they are against here under Florida law.

I suspect the lease allowed for them and you are going to have to sue the property manager if they will not resolve this.You can sue for any damages that occur due to unauthorized pets.But if the lease allowed pet then no recourse against tenant.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

A small claims case is a legal action filed in county court to settle minor legal disputes among parties where the dollar amount involved is $5,000 or less, excluding costs, interest, and attorneys' fees. Forms that have been approved for statewide use are located within the Florida Small Claims Rules.

Small Claims - Florida Courts

You can sue here for damages up to $5k in Florida Small Claims.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Sorry they did this to you.

You could contact tenant yourself to see if these were in the lease or not to know who is in violation.

If you can positive rate once we are done 5 stars it is always much appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

You are so welcome and the best here.