Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I'm looking for info on how to file a motion to set aside

Customer Question
Hi JA: Hello. How can we...
Hi
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I'm looking for info on how to file a motion to set aside default judgement and motion to dismiss in Arlington, VA General District Court
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: see above
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: a default judgement
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
1/6/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

What was the underlying suit (ie breach of contract?) and what is the basis to set aside?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I received a 5-day Pay or Quit notice from Landlord. I moved-out (with affidavit) before 5 days. Then, after I moved Landlord claims they filed Unlawful Detainer via certified mail. Since wasn't properly served because I already moved out. Therefore, I could not defend myself and got a default judgement.
Lawyer: Joycelaw, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Tina, Lawyer