How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 30162
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sure, I am trying to find out what documents I would need to

Customer Question

sure, I am trying to find out what documents I would need to send to my daughters biological father as he is willing to voluntarily give up parental rights to her. He has not been involved in her life and has never paid child support
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado I have downloaded all the forms but just need to know which ones I should send to him
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 8 months ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Which forms to send is going to depend on the specific facts of your case. You have to send him a copy of every form that you are going to file with the court.

You will always need the Affidavit of Relinquishment and the Petition for Relinquishment. You'll fill out the Mother's Interrogatories and send it to him along with a blank copy of the Father's Interrogatories. He'll need to send you back a copy once he's filled it out.

You do not need the forms about Publication Notice if you know where the father is. Those are for a situation where the parent seeking termination cannot locate the other parent. You do not need the Petition to Terminate the Parent-Child Relationship if the father will agree and sign the paperwork. If he refuses to sign the Relinquishment Petition, you need that and the Notice to Terminate Parent-Child Relationship.

Here are the full instructions:

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Do you have any other questions about this?