How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19130
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My girl friend filed a restraining order against me

Customer Question

my girl friend filed a restraining order against me yesterday in orange county. It was seen by the judge the same day. I have never touched her, went to her home, her work nothing. She blocked my calls and e-mail months ago. when she does I do not have anyway to contact her and I do not try. She has done this for years, She unblocks me, calls and wants to try, then gets mad and hangs up on me and re-blocks me. She recently has started cheating and I found out but she wont admit and she keeps playing games with me because she know I love her and I have a very soft heart, I simply ask her to give me the truth because I know she is cheating, and she dances around the truth knowing full well that it is killing me. I have told her repeatable that I just want the truth so I can have cloture. I am so distrait I get sick. I have concern and she knows it. I ask her for mercy and she keeps blocking, unblocking. She has been on depression medicine for years and recently went to her Dr. and got new and stronger meds. She a completely different person and it scares me. She filed a false report 3-years ago claiming I beat her , when the police came she admitted I have never touched her and she was mad. They never even took me in. This is still on file. I have sent her very nasty e-mails and texts because she allows them by unblocking me. If she blocked and never unblocked me, I woild never have a chamce to communicate with her at all and she knows it. I believe she is just trying to heurt me and cause me pain becsue she knows I am hoplessly in love with her and abything she does hurts me, She just admitte after 8-years that she cheated on me and has been lying about it ever sense. We have fought about this for 8-yeras because my gut told me she did, but she swore for 8=years she didn't. Now she admits it. 2-days alter she tells me she is seeing someone and unblocks her phone to engage me and it drives me insane.Again I have sent her mean and sometime in-direct threating texts, but always make it very clear that I love her and only want the truth so I can leave with my closure and not have this eat me up forever.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: What should I do
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Orange county, ca
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think she filed out an application for a restraining order at a domestic violence support center. She must have shown some kind of proof that she felt she was in danger because that is the requirement to have it see
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, I need additional information.

Did she obtain the Restraining Order against you?

If so, have you been served with the Notice of the Order and when next you should appear for the hearing in the case?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have not been notified by anyone that a restraining order has been issued against me and I have not been served. She called me from a number that I tracked to the Lamoreaux Justice center in Orange County Ca. She said on my voice mail that she was going to file out an application for an order and that it was going to be seen by a judge at 1:30pm that day. Then a recording said that I should be there with an attorney. I never got the message until 7:00pm. I called the number and no one would answer. I called the Irvine PD and they said they did not process anything and it wasn't a big deal and that anyone can file one.
Someone left a not on my trucl last week that said "PUNK" D.O.A I can only assume she has a BF or something. I text her and told her I didn't apprecaire her giving him my address and if he came back and onto my property in a threating manner, I would defend myself. I also sent her several messages tell her that she was causing all this intentionally by refusing to just give me an answer because she knows I will never try to contact her again I just need closure. She has moved out and come back 3-times over our 8_ year relationship. she did this 2 1/2 years ago and it caused me so much stress. I did send mean and treating messages web she was calling me very bad names on text. I never threatened to kill her of hurt her or anything like that. But may have said. 'you will get yours' or something non-specidic like that./
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want to file one against her because as odd as it sounds, she really is the one that is going to hurt me. I have never shown any signs ever of being a mean person. However she plays mind games like you cant believe. I am very emotional when it comes to us breaking up and she knows I will never leave her no matter how mad she treats me
. Its just me, I have never left a relationship. She has cheated on every man she has been with, including ending her original 32-year marriage my having an affair with her boss. She always leaves and when I finally struggle through it after it almost literally stresses me so much for months until I am sick, Then she always comes back eventually. Its this coming back that has kept this mess going on for 5-years of fighting back and forth, If she can have access to my house, it would ne the necessary thing to prevent her from continuing to real me back in because when she comes over. she knows I don't have the power to kick her out when she uses her female charm they do. it really is way more dangerous and damaging than me because I have never went to her when she tells me not to. It makes sense that she filed this because I have never once tried to go to her house, work, or anywhere anytime and she knows that
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
are you reviewing?
I have to leave soon.
What should I do.Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not pleased right now because I am not seeing if you are reviewing and I have received no answer. I feel that time is being drawn out or something. Please if you could provide an answer. it been 30-mintues and nothing has been said.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I went offline to attend to other matters. I am now back online and I have reviewed the information that you have provided. .

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

You should refrain from further contact with her.

If you are being threatened by her or her new boyfriend, then you need to file application for a Restraining Order. You can obtain the Restraining Order forms at your local Courthouse in the Clerk's office. For more information on Restraining Orders, click here.

Thank you once more for your patience.