Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My business is struggling to keep up with an Ondeck Loan.

Customer Question

My business is struggling to keep up with an Ondeck Loan. Actually a day or two away from defaulting (2 missed daily payments). So far they are unwilling to help me restructure the repayments as I am not in default. I have been trying to research what they typically do with defaults and find they File a UCC against the business. I have tried to read exactly what that means and what I can expect, but find the answers vague. Are they able to immediately take inventory, computers, etc after filing the UCC? Or is this just a first step to moving further into collections?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

The UCC should have been filed at the time the loan was given to secure the lender's interest in your property so that at the time of default, the lender can move in to seize the inventory and other secured business property based on the terms of the loan and the UCC filings.