How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34746
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have a big problem, my dad was the fiducary (v.a.) for my

Customer Question

have a big problem , my dad was the fiducary (v.a.) for my brother who came out of service 100 disable vet
my father was diagnosed with cancer , and is very ill
my dad received two month extension re fiduciary accounting (12 month period-9/2/2015 to 9/2/2016)
dad has been ill and did his best , and i did send in the accounting form (21p-4706b) , but was sent back incorrect
i am going to be the new guardian , and this is another problem
is there such a thing as hardship request , and grant me more time
and is there aids or attorneys who can help me with this situation
v.a. is making request re bank statements and bank transactions
but my father has access to that , and is dying
what can i do
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

Sorry...what do you mean "grant you more time"...more time for what?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
12 month accounting period , when my dad was Guardian , and held accountable for the accounting (sept 2015 to sept 2019-fiduciary accounting)
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

SO you want to extend the time for your dad? Or the time for you (when you are appointed as fiduciary)?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i sent the accounting in for dad , but was sent backmy dad did get 2 month extension , oct , nov , but dad is very ill, and its been a messi dont have all bank records ,is there such a thing as a hardship time out
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

There is not. That is, the VA fiduciary program does not provide for a "hardship" least not directly.

Your father can certainly request more time to perform the accounting.

It would be up to the VA fiduciary department to grant or deny this request.

But, frankly speaking, if they already granted one delay, in my experience it is unlikely they grant another.

Still, he can apply.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.


Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding