How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27450
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] Can a judge rude over the stute of

This answer was rated:

Second opinion] Can a judge rude over the stute of lamtionJA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?Customer: AlaJA: Has anything been filed or reported?Customer: NoJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: No


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Yes, under a very small handful of exceptions or circumstances a judge can overrule a statute of limitations. When there are warrants, a defendant's absence from the state, or if the defendant has been in hiding, for example, the statute can be overcome.

If the complainant/plaintiff has very serious physical or mental handicaps that prevented him or her from filing on time, the judge does have the power to overrule the statute of limitations. It has to be extreme, for the judge to exercise that power, but he can do it to prevent an injustice.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I hear that there is no statute of limitations on child support in ala

In Alabama if an order for child support issued there is a 20-year statute of limitations on an action to collect it. The 20 years starts running from the time the judgment is ordered.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No but thanks anyway

You're welcome.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for your help I would like to terminate my contract

Please contact***@******.*** for their customer service department. I cannot cancel your contract. I have no access to you membership account. You need Customer service.

Zoey, JD and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you