Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I would like to find out if I can open the case against of

Customer Question

Hello, I would like to find out if I can open the case against of my employer for spine disc displacement?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No , but I have MRI
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also, I am having a hip problem I think related to the disk
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did you hurt yourself at work, can you explain the situation?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was working very hard and I developed the pain in mt back.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
First of all, I would like to find out how much is it going to cost me to keep going conversation with you?
Thank you for your reply.
When the pain developed did you report it to the employer?
How long ago did this happen?
Is your doctor reporting that the injury is due to what you did at work that day?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Could you answer me?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
otherwise, I am going to put complain
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what is going on?

The experts do not know the price the customer agreed upon with the site. The price you agreed on with the site is the only price you pay (unless you want phone service which is an additional fee, but you do not have to accept that service).

Please excuse my delay in responding as the experts are working with multiple customers at one time and everyone deserves the same time you deserve. Please also do not threaten experts, it is a sure way to get none of the to assist you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. If you could answer the questions we asked you, we would be glad to reply.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry , I understnad. I did not want to threat anyone. Just wanna make sure that I am going to charge for what I agreed to pay
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My pain developed one year ago in March of 2016
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have done MRI also I got 10 visits of PT. Nothing is helping. I got a spine injection in June of 2016. It did not help much. I was keeping with home exercises and started feeling better, but In October of 2016 I started feeling a hip pain. Again , I went through hip PT ( 10 visits) , 2 injections, but pain is still in my hip
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2 or 3 weeks ago I started to feel that back pain is coming back
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you still here?
Thank you for your reply.
Since I am having a hard time getting sufficient details from you, please understand the answer is a general explanation of what you need to have a workers compensation case and if you have further follow up questions, PLEASE USE REPLY and ask them (there is no extra charge for replying with follow up questions).
In order to make a claim under workers compensation in IL, you must have a specific date when the injury occurred and a specific job related activity you were doing at the time the injury/pain first started. Under IL law you are supposed to file a report of injury with the employer "as soon as practical after the injury occurs." If you have not yet filed your first report of injury with the employer yet, you must do so immediately if your doctor is telling you this injury is from some activity you did at work in March 2016.
Because of the delay, your employer must still take the report under IL law, but they can dispute the claim based on the delay in reporting. If they refuse to take the report, you need to file a complaint with the IL workers compensation commission immediately. If they refute your claim, then you will have to prove through your doctor's reports the date you were initially injured and what you were doing at work that caused you to first feel the pain to prove that this injury was indeed caused in the course and scope of your employment. If the employer's workers compensation insurer denies your claim, then at that point you will need a local workers compensation attorney to step in and they will need to file a suit in workers compensation court to fight your claim and these claims will depend on the strength of your doctor's report and testimony about how this injury did come from your activity at work.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well, from what I understand, I am not in a good shape with this case. Apparently , If you don't want to complain about an incident right the way , You are going to have difficult time to get a compensation. OK, it is a lesson fro the future
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Based on statistics, what is % to win the case ? Just approximated opinion ?
Thank you for you for your reply.
Without seeing the medical records and how strong your doctor is about the fact your injury occurred from your job activity, we cannot even presume a percentage of chance of winning. Again this depends on your doctor and how good your doctor is at explaining your injury.