How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33388
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to know if a family court in Denver released

Customer Question

I need to know if a family court in Denver released jurisdiction because both parents have moved to Oregon if they can take it back if the mother moves back to Denver.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Oregon
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: nothing filed.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I probably don't have time to type enough!!! Just really need to know how we go about filing documents here in Oregon to make the transfer complete.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.

Yes, once you have lived in Colorado for the required period of time, usually six months, then the CO courts will again have jurisdiction over the case and parties. Until that time if Oregon has acquired jurisdiction then it will retain jurisdiction.