How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41494
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Husband who moved out of my house back in April 2016 is

Customer Question

husband who moved out of my house back in April 2016 is still using my address, on his license, for his car insurance, for eveything and I need to know how to stop this. We do not speak and I recently received a letter from his insurance people stating that they have been trying to get in contact with him for he got some speeding ticket and they said if he is found guilty that it can affect anyone at this address. I have a restraining order against him and have had a friend relay several messages to please change his address. If I didn't know better I would say this is mail fraud, use of someones address to gain benefit. How can this stop
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Charlotte NC
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No I don't know where to start
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also been receiving strange packages and other mail items using different peoples name and CC offers
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Write no longer at this address on the letter and packages and give them back to postman.This is all you can do if he will not forward the mail.They will not let you do so but returning the letters and stuff to postman is the best you can do.They will quit delivering mail if you do this a few times.Sorry you are having to deal with this.You can also file for divorce if you have not done so and have court order him to forward his mail as part of divorce.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is always much appreciated.