RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Can somebody else,i mean my friend,insead of me inform

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: Can somebody else,i mean my friend,insead of me inform police
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: New york
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes,i have order of protection. Except my partner can inform police about it,i mean for example my neighbors
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: ....that i have OP
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good morning,

I'm not sure I fully understand your question but I do want to help you. You have an Order of Protection out against someone, is that correct? And you want to know what, specifically about it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Her friend can call police and say that I'm visiting my partner?
Of course she want me to visit her.

In other words, you're not supposed to visit your partner, because the Order of Protection forbids it? The police likely won't do anything if your partner is asking you to come over and you aren't afraid. If the Order is no longer necessary (you no longer want it) you should go to court to see about getting it dismissed.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
if I have OP just my partner who is in that case.whom I have OP can call police and say that I'm in house,nobody else like her friends or neighbor?

So the partner has it against you, but they are wanting you to visit? Nothing legally prevents friends or neighbors from calling and reporting that you are there if they know about the OP and that you aren't supposed to be there - what I am saying is it is unlikely the police would do anything in this situation because the "victim", your partner, is asking you over and has no problem with you being there.

It would be better, if your partner no longer wants the OP in place, for them to see about getting the Order voluntarily dismissed so that there are no more restrictions in place.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
for example if I'll be in our house with my partner (she let me stay)and police just come to house they do nothing for me,they don't arrest me?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Only,I would say ,victim, can call police that I'm in house? Am I right?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If others I mean friend,neighbor ,except only victim,will call police....saying that I'm right now in house and they know about my OP,police do nothing?

No one can guarantee that you wouldn't be arrested if someone calls the police. Whether the victim wants you there or not, it's a violation of the Order for you to be there, and you know that it is, and you're there intentionally. What I am saying is that it is unlikely because the victim will tell people they invited you over and want you there and are not afraid for you to be there, etc. However, that's not a promise of no arrest.

The far better thing to do would be for your partner to go to court and see about having the Order voluntarily dismissed so its no longer a concern.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok,I think I understood.
Thank you for advice and wish you have a nice day

You're very welcome. It was a pleasure to assist. If I've been helpful, please remember to click on the stars at the top of the page to leave a positive rating. Thanks!

If I've addressed all of your questions regarding this matter, please remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars at the top of the page so I am credited for my time. You can always ask related follow-up questions after rating at no additional cost, by replying to this thread. Thank you.