How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118270
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Nursing homes who receive Medicare payments which are

Customer Question

nursing homes who receive Medicare payments which are government monies have to abide by abuse rules on their patients?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Tennessee
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, to the Tennessee Department of health who states that there will be an umcoming investigation
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My wife is a resident of Starr Regional Nursing Home in Etowah, Tennessee 37331. She suffers from neuropathy and is bedfast. She has been treated unkindly and has been physically placed in more pain than normal by CNA's who are very rough with her.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

ALL nursing homes, whether they take medicare or not, must abide by the laws regarding abuse of patients. If your wife is being abused in the home, you need to immediately file a complaint, which you have done. You also need to begin seeking a new facility to transfer her to. At the same time if she is being harmed and caused more pain there, you need to obtain a local attorney in one of the larger cities near you that handles nursing home abuse cases and pursue a lawsuit against the nursing home and protect your wife's rights.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.