How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116701
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Going to court for a plimeary hearing.I just found out I can

Customer Question

going to court for a plimeary hearing.I just found out I can review my crimnal history. a month ago I ask to see it and get a copy. She told me iI could not have it because they subscribed to it. She also told me I did not have to go to my arement. their are more I just became awer of like I can have stuff removed from the police report. and more things keep poping up what should I do.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Newport Washington
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: its a misterminer indesent exposer with sexual intent. Filed or reported? by me no.go to plimerty hearing the 18
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes it will take a few minets
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You need to go to the preliminary hearing even if your attorney claims you should not go, because if you are not present the court could put a warrant out for you. If you have been subpoenaed and ordered to go to court, show up unless you get an order from the court that you do not need to appear. She is trying to get your preliminary hearing waived, if you do not show up there is no more right to a preliminary hearing.

As far as your criminal history, if she paid for it through her firm, then you do not have a right to a copy from her, but you can get a copy by going to the police department and requesting one and paying their fees.

If your attorney is not representing you to your liking, you can fire them and hire a new attorney, but you will need an attorney to represent you in this case.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.