Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I had a restraining order place on me in early 2002 and I

Customer Question
called the person by mistake...
I had a restraining order place on me in early 2002 and I called the person by mistake in the summer of that year, so the court placed a protection order on me. I have not seen or contacted this person since going on 15 years. I have a clean record and the initial restraining order was bogus because she didn't want me to see her kids but her ex husband father of the kids wanted me to be part of their lives? I want to get this dismissed. I have no intention ever of trying to contact this person.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
1/5/2017
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

More than enough time has gone by that you can file a Motion to Vacate the protection Order. You do this by filing the Motion with the Cour that issued the original Order.

This sample document with instructions will help you draft your Motion:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.washingtonlawhelp.org/resource/motion-to-vacate-judgmentorder-in-a-family-la/download/392F4D35-FE86-CC73-53E0-DF8DDFACFB95.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwi8mdL_-6nRAhVH74MKHUjeBrwQFgg-MAM&usg=AFQjCNEbU4ac-d0veiH8-Mkrrh00Go4SBQ&sig2=RFusYDcAunk6sN24RPuZtg

Here is a link to the law:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?Cite=26.50.130

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer