How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42815
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I find out who is my power of attorney? MA- i

Customer Question

how can I find out who is my power of attorney?
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: MA- i believe durable power of attroney
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i am trying to find out
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am on SSDI but i want more control later on
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Let me clarify are you asking who your responsible payee here with Social Security??They get your checks and help you pay bills?Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Call Social Security's toll-free number, 1-***-***-****, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on business days. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you may call our toll-free TTY number, 1-***-***-****, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on business days or call your local Social Security office between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on business days. You also can visit us on the Internet at

This is the number to call and ask questions about who your payee is, they are similar to a power of attorney in that they get your funds and manage them for you.You can change this person and possibly do away with them.Call Social Security and ask about your situation and this person.

I appreciate the chance to help.Let me know if you have more .Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.