Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

Does it matter what state your trust and will is executed in

Customer Question

Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I live in Nevada. My beneficiarries live in California. My currrent Trust and will is in California
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

It makes no difference. Under the full faith and credit laws applicable to the United States, each state honors the trust and will documents made in another state. If you reside in Nevada at your death, and your estate requires probate, a probate court in Nevada will accept your California will as your valid and enforceable last will and testament. The same will be applicable regarding your trust.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars J). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!