Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I had a restraining order placed on me about 20 yrs ago. i

Customer Question
i had a restraining order...
i had a restraining order placed on me about 20 yrs ago . i tried purchasing a gun 5yrs. ago was denied. i just received a letter from local reporting agency that petioner has passed away in 2005 abd order in cancelled, why am i still not able to buy a gub?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not that i know of, just this letter from reporting agency
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
1/4/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

But first. . .

Was this restraining order do to a misdemeanor conviction for domestic violence?

Just checking in to see if you still need help. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Tina, Lawyer