How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34398
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was in a car accident while on vacation in NC. There was

Customer Question

I was in a car accident while on vacation in NC. There was no damage to the car. The lady went under the car hitting the spare tire. I was taken to the hospital for a concussion. This happened on Dec 7. Since then I have had complications from the concussion and went back to the ER in my home state Idaho. I am still under dr care and now scheduled for physical therapy to help with the headaches and such. I spoke to an attorney in NC. Who stated that since there was no body damage to the car, they would not take the case. I have injuries and cannot work. I have memory loss and other issues resulting from the accident. Her insurance has claimed responsibility but I need an attorney in NC. To represent me. I have never had a concussion nor been in an accident. I cannot work due to the sensitivity to light and other things. I need someone willing to help me
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: It's not real estate. It is a car accident that happened in NC
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes police report, and all medical records submitted and her insurance has given me claim numbers and accepted responsibility. My medical is over $11.000 already and I am not better
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No one seems to understand just because The car didn't have damage doesn't mean I wasn't injured. I have been to 2 ERs in two states, my family doctor weekly and now physical therapy.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

There has to be more than one attorney in NC who handles personal injury claims. You just need to get on the phone and keep calling attorneys until you find one interested in the case.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.