How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27622
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get copies of texts messages between my husband

Customer Question

How can I get copies of texts messages between my husband and his girlfriend to use in court?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Michigan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 months ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Can you share with me the basis for these?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
An affair. Lying about going to work when he was seeing her. Lying about their relationship. Their is more, but this is the basic info.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 months ago.

Yes, you can obtain these. If he will not admit to it and it is relevant to the divorce proceedings, you can ask the Judge to issue a court order/ subpoena, which you can serve upon the cell phone company, who will simply turn over the text messages. Without this, they will not do it but once you have it, they will comply. You can then use those as evidence, in the proceedings.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!