How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Civil Court Case pending against my brother who

Customer Question

I have a Civil Court Case pending against my brother who deliberately ran over my dog on Saturday, December 3rd He will probably show up with an attorney to help him get off. This is unacceptable. How can I get a Pro bono attorney to present my evidence against this man?
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: Augusta County, Virginia. The Civil Case will be held there on January 23, at 9 AM
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I have filed in District Civil Court for damages ($718) for emergency vet bills and costs of filing. I have photos, a witness invoice, etc
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I get Pro Bono representation? I live on my Social Security check of $731 per month
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 9 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 9 months ago.

When this happened, were the police called? I ask because I am curious if he was charged with animal abuse, which is criminal?